© 2008-2017 The Art Therapy Alliance
The Art Therapy Alliance embraces social media and connection on-line to promote art therapy, the work of art therapists, and build community.
The Art Therapy Alliance community can be found here:
- LinkedIn- Professionals, students and 13 subgroups make up the largest networking forum on this professional social media site for discussing contemporary and relevant art therapy topics, issues, and news;
*Membership is subjected to approval.
- Facebook- Fans stay connected to current news and happenings about art therapy and related topics here on FB;
- Pinterest- Check out The Art Therapy Alliance's visual pin board featuring images, news, & ideas inspired by the spirit of art therapy, social media, community, and art for well-being.
- Wordpress- Stay connected to The Art Therapy Alliance's official blog for updates and news about community news, projects, and collaborations;
- Polyvore- This group was created on the site Polyvore for Art Therapy Alliance members to submit their works of art created with this on-line application;
- Tumblr- Connect to The Art Therapy Alliance on Tumblr!
Art Therapy Alliance's Founder & Community Organizer:
Gretchen Miller, MA, ATR-BC. ACTP has had a committed interest in online networking and computer technology within the art therapy field since the late 1990s. Her first online art therapy related group was the Art Therapy Student Networking Forum, created while she was in graduate school. In 2008, she founded The Art Therapy Alliance, an on-line professional network leveraging social media and connection to promote art therapy, the work of art therapists, and build community. Gretchen also created the online community 6 Degrees of Creativity in 2011 that cultivates creative energy through art making, collaboration, and connection among art therapists, expressive arts therapists, and others around the world.
Gretchen's technology contributions also have included serving as Web Editor of the American Art Therapy Association (AATA) and on the AATA’s Social Media Committee. Gretchen's additional contributions include teaching, presenting, publishing, and organizing special projects related to digital media and social networking.